- Allows high transmission of natural light into your space to provide excellent aesthetics.
- This spectrally selective film rejects up to 97% of infrared light providing energy savings, enhanced comfort and protection.
- Low interior and exterior reflectivity lets you enjoy the views from inside, while maintaining an attractive look from outside.
- Non-metallized window film won’t affect signal interference and is corrosion-resistant.
- Significantly blocks the amount of harmful UV rays that cause fading, helping to extend the life of furnishings.
- Prestige Series film can become carbon negative in as short as 6 months from install.
- Includes a comprehensive warranty from 3M.
Let in the light. Not the heat.
Aesthetics. Comfort. Energy savings. Protection. Take sun control to a whole new level for your building. Sunlight streaming through windows can create excessive heat, uncomfortable hot spots and glare. These issues may impact energy costs, tenant comfort and retention and, ultimately, your bottom line.
Solar heat comes from two primary sources, the visible light you can see and the infrared light you can feel. Prestige Series window films use non metallized, multi layer optical film and nano technology to reject up to 97% of the sun’s infrared light and reject up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows. These films also reject up to 99.9% of damaging UV rays to reduce fading of your furnishings. These industry leading, spectrally selective films are designed to keep you cool, comfortable and protected.
These spectrally selective films reject up to 97% of the sun’s heat producing infrared light to keep you cool, comfortable and protected.
What sets our films apart is the precision with which light waves are controlled as they pass through or reflect off of hundreds of layers of film. Compared to other films, 3M™ Window Films increase performance at a faster rate as the sun’s angle increases. That means greater protection and comfort when you need it the most.
FOR RESIDENTIAL USE
Glass windows help make your home beautiful and inviting. But sunlight can create excessive heat and expose your family and possessions to damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. Let in the light but keep out the heat and damaging UV rays without impacting your home’s aesthetics or your view.
FOR COMMERCIAL USE
COMMERCIAL WARRANTY: What good is a multi year warranty from a company that wasn’t around 15 years ago and might not be around 15 years from now? Selecting 3M Window Films gives you piece of mind. That’s because we have one of the most comprehensive warranties you can get; backed by a company you know and trust.
All Prestige Series films carry a 15 year warranty when professionally installed on a commercial building.
*IR Rejection as measured from 900–1000nm
** Based on emission calculations performed in compliance with the GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard (2011), third party assured by Quality Associates incorporated and energy savings calculation completed by CONSOL Energy. Contact 3M for details.ResourcesBrochures
- 3M™ Residential Window Film Brochure (PDF, 7.5MB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Prestige Series Brochure (PDF, 492.1KB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Prestige Series Brochure (PDF, 572.9KB)
- 3M™ Commercial Window Film Energy Efficiency Brochure (PDF, 6.3MB)
- 3M™ Commercial Window Film Brochure (PDF, 17.5MB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film PR Ext Series Museum Case Study (PDF, 2.9MB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Prestige Exterior Series Retail Case Study (PDF, 624.6KB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film PR Series Residential Case Study (PDF, 4.0MB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Residential Case Study (PDF, 1.5MB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film PR Series Resort Case Study (PDF, 219.1KB)
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Prestige Residential Case Study (PDF, 2.5MB)
Choose your level of protection
3M Sun Control Window Film Prestige Series is available in a variety of tint levels to meet your needs.
|Visible Light Transmitted||21%||39%||50%||60%||69%|
|Solar Heat Gain Coefficient||0.38||0.4||0.44||0.47||0.5|
|Total Solar Energy Rejected||62%||60%||56%||53%||50%|
- LEED Certification
- MR 1.1-1.2
- EQ- 7.1
- EQ- 8.1-8.2
- MR 5.1-5.2
- EQ- 7.2